My preferred devices for photography and connectivity on this trip are:
- iPad (64 gigabyte with wi-fi)
- iPhone 4 for communications and experimenting with photo apps and video
- Olympus EPL-1 digital camera with kit 14-42 mm zoom lens and electronic viewfinder
- Olympus EP-1 digital camera with kit 17 mm lens and optical viewfinder
- Spare batteries, chargers (one each for cameras and iDevices) four SD cards and iPad camera connector.
This is a compact, lightweight kit, and the Olympus micro fourt thirds cameras are superb performers: any limitations are likely to be mine as a photographer – I tend to be impatient in setting menus and post processing – and not shortcomings in the equipment.
Fresh oranges for the morning's juice